Friday, May 13, 2011

Personal Success

Sometimes a personal victory is all you need to keep you on track. Tonight was one of those very small moments in time when I felt successful in my weight loss journey.

My husband got home late from work and we went to grab something quick and easy for dinner, we ended up at a nearby grocery store with a good selection of salad bar items, chinese food, pizza, and fried chicken. It is always so tempting for me to get chinese because I love it and theirs is pretty good. However, I steered clear and ended up with some pulled barbecue chicken. I asked what the ingredients were and they told me it is just chicken with barbecue sauce, nothing else, meaning it rates pretty low on the points scale. I got the pork without a bun and I got green beans and a small scoop of mashed potatoes of which I ate half.

It is a difficult thing sometimes to say no to unhealthy options and tonight was a personal victory. I struggle a lot with eating only as much as I need and making good health conscious choices. So celebrate those little victories. I came out under points for the day giving me the opportunity to have a granola bar or something sweet that I enjoy later in the evening.

If you have ever struggled with overeating or being over weight you can probably understand the feelings I described, and the feeling of overcoming that, if even for one night was awesome! Good luck on your healthy journey, I hope you have similar victories in your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment