Monday, March 14, 2011

Lent

Every year when the Lent season comes around I examine things in my life that don't honor God and I try to adjust something that not only honors God but also that improves my body and mind. This year I examined things in my life that needed to change and working out consistently was one of them. I truly believe that we should honor the bodies that God gave us by taking care of them, even though it is an incredible struggle for me.

So this year I resolved to give up my lack of motivation. My commitment this Lent season is to workout at least 5 days a week, and possibly more as the time goes on. I not only hope that this will develop a stronger body but also a greater commitment to God and honoring the things that he has provided me with above and beyond the body I live in now.

So far it is going pretty well. I have worked out for 2 days in a row and only plan to continue this effort as the weeks go by. Hopefully the habit will be developed by the time Lent is over and will continue on for a long time after. Resolutions are not always the best way for us to make a change in our life because we often make excuses later on that we're too busy or that the resolution wasn't really what we wanted to do anyway. But I encourage you to stick to your resolutions even when it's hard, and if you have a bad day to let it go and get back on track the next day.

I'm not perfect by any means, last night we had pizza because I was being lazy and didn't want to fix something. It's not the best choice for our budget or our bodies but I have to let yesterday go and work hard to make today a better day. It has started out well, I hope your day has too! Tonight we're having a simple and delicious meal that is easy to prepare and healthy. I hope your family gets to enjoy something similar tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment