Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When You're hurt......

Does it ever feel like every time you get back on track something throws you off again? Today was that day for me. It started out great, I headed out to sub in a kindergarten classroom and the day was going great, a kid told me I was beautiful, it was adorable! Then this afternoon as we headed out to recess I tripped and fell down some stairs and sprained my ankle fairly badly. Just what I needed, right? Not quite.

So today I am brainstorming about how to exercise when you're injured. I think today I will take the day off and let my ankle rest. However tomorrow its back to working out in any way possible. I think one of the best ways to still get in a pretty good workout if your ankle is hurt can be riding the exercise bike on a lower setting so you still get a good cardio workout in. I also think doing a really good ab workout and lifting weights is a great way to stay on track even if your feet can't do most of the work.

I think this is one of those things that isn't discussed very often because when we're hurt we think we just can't do anything and we feel defeated. So I will keep you posted on my efforts to go to the gym while I'm injured. However, I would never recommend working out without asking a doctor first if it will hurt your injury more, and always stop if it starts hurting more than it should. I have never tried this before but I don't want to sacrifice a week of exercise, so i'll do my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment