Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Turkey Burgers, Onion Rings, and Blueberry Cobbler!!

Tonight I made a delicious dinner that I would happily eat any day of the week. The onion rings in my photos are made from a recipe off of www.skinnytaste.com . Her onion ring recipe is delicious and easy to make! The only change that I made is that I use a powdered buttermilk that keeps for an extended period of time in the refrigerator and you mix the powder with water. So, thank you to Gina from Skinny Taste for a new favorite recipe!!

The turkey burger recipe that I use is as follows: (also pictured, the onion rings!!)




8-9 oz. of 99% fat free ground turkey formed into two patties, season with salt, pepper, worchestershire sauce, and I always add a little liquid smoke and montreal steak seasoning.
1 slice of Fat Free Sharp Cheddar Kraft cheese (these are sold in the pre-packaged cheese slices)
2 slices of Whole Wheat Smart White Wonder Bread
Lettuce and Tomato
1 Slice of Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey Bacon

If you're on Weight Watchers this Burger with everything on it is 7 Points Plus Values.


I also love Honey Mustard but it is difficult to find a healthy version. Pictured below is my version it is equal parts honey and yellow mustard. 1 tbsp is 0 Points Plus Values on Weight Watchers! I always make a little extra and keep it in the refrigerator to add to other sandwiches in place of mayonnaise. And there in the background you can see my dog Oliver and my husband Matt's feet. Always helping out in the kitchen!



Finally, I added a delicious, low calorie dessert that your whole family would be happy to eat!




The recipe for my Blueberry Cobbler:  Makes 6 servings.
1, 16 oz. bag frozen blueberries
1 cup oatmeal (not quick cooking)
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp margarine (low fat variety, I use Blue Bonnett light)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then use a fork to mix it together just like you would if you were using regular butter to make your crumb topping.

Spray an 8x8 baking dish and pour in the frozen blueberries. Crumble the topping over your blueberries, bake covered with foil for 15 minutes, uncover and bake another 25 minutes. Serve hot, topped with Fat Free Cool Whip.



This recipe can be adjusted and made with multiple other frozen fruits. It is quick and simple and again, if you're on Weight Watchers it is only 3 Points Plus values if you don't add points for the fruit because on the new plan fruit is 0 points! However, if you can't help but over indulge I would count 4 Points Plus Values which is the value with the blueberries plugged into the Recipe Builder.

I hope you can enjoy these recipes just like we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment